Labor Support – Giving birth is an important moment of initiation. I will help you navigate this milestone with trust, grace and surrender. A true rite of passage, your birth will help prepare you for parenthood.
Prenatal visits: Depending on how far along your pregnancy is, we can meet for 2-3 prenatal home visits. These sessions will allow us to get to know one another, so that you can feel relaxed and open during your birth. We’ll explore your hopes and priorities to create your birth plan accordingly. We can discuss and practice pain-coping methods, massage techniques and positions to comfort you during labor; we’ll review the basics of labor and prepare the mind and body for birth and postpartum.
Two weeks before to two weeks after your due date: I will be on call 24/7. Ready and available for you whenever you go into labor. I will be available to you by phone and email throughout your entire pregnancy.
During the birth: Once labor begins I will meet you at your home or at the hospital and offer continuous care to you and your partner or support people, providing a calm and loving presence. I will remain with you until 1-2 hours after the birth.
After the birth: I will come to your home for one visit of approximately 3 hours, to talk through your birth experience, and provide breastfeeding assistance as needed (I also offer postpartum doula services to clients within San Francisco). (back to top)
Postpartum Support – The moments, days and weeks after birth can be challenging. There are many questions, insecurities and sleepless nights. This time is also special and tender and I want to help you relax and enjoy the best parts of what it means to bring a new baby into your home. I can take care of you, so that you can take care of your little one.
Most postpartum visits will be 3-5 hours, about 3-5 days a week. You will need to commit to a certain number of weeks, which we will determine after discussing your needs. This can be anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months.
- Listen: Sometimes it helps to process your birth experience and your transition to parenthood. I can offer a non-judgmental ear and normalize some of what you may be experiencing.
- Empower: Don’t know how to put on a diaper or swaddle a baby? Feeling nervous about baby’s first bath? Let’s do it together until you feel confident doing it alone.
- Give Rest: Sometimes you just want to sleep, eat a meal, take a shower, read your book, or hold a normal adult conversation. Let me step in so you can step out for a moment.
- Nutrition & Wellness: Let me go grocery shopping and/or cook you delicious, nutritious meals. Want to do it yourself but not sure where to start? I can offer you nutritional advice if you prefer to cook for yourself. I can recommend basic herbal remedies (sitz baths, lactation teas, calming teas).
- Basic Breastfeeding: I will answer any questions I can and help support you within my scope of understanding. I can also refer you to a lactation consultant if you have more complicated needs.
- Referrals: Anything from acupuncturists, to housecleaning services.
- Light Housekeeping: I can help you with dishes, the baby’s laundry, setting up the changing table or picking up around the house.
- Phone & Email Support: You may contact me until the end of your contract with any questions or concerns that may come up. (back to top)
If you are interested in having me as your labor or postpartum doula, please Contact Me at any time, but the earlier the better (i.e. feel free to contact me even if you are in the early stages of your pregnancy).